Is printer sharing not working in Windows 11? Don’t worry, we have brought the solution for you. Printers have wide use in offices and for commercial purposes. Printers are used for printing files, documents, and images. More often printers are used for serious use cases. In such a situation if the printer encounter errors, it can be very annoying to deal with it.
Printer sharing allows you to share your printer over a network. It is used to connect different devices with the printer for use cases. After the release of Windows 11, many people have been complaining about the problem of “printer sharing not working in Windows 11”. In this blog post, we will see how to resolve this issue.
How to Fix Printer Sharing Not Working in Windows 11
If you are trying to connect your printer over a network and experiencing with “printer sharing not working in Windows 11” problem, then read this guide to eradicate the problem and get your printer running smoothly. Below are some troubleshooting steps, you can read and follow them to solve the issue.
Method 1: Run Printer Troubleshooter
Windows 11 comes with a printer troubleshooter by default. You can run the printer troubleshooter to address the reason behind the problem. The troubleshooter will guide you through the steps to fix the issue. You can follow the steps given below to run the printer troubleshooter.
- Press the “Windows + I” button to go to the settings menu.
- Now go to the System section and click on the troubleshooter option.
- Now scroll down to the printer option
- Right-click on it and choose the option run.
- The troubleshooter will scan for all the errors and provide you with the solution.
- Once the scan completes, you can choose to implement the fixes.
- After completion of the troubleshooting process, restart the system.
Method 2: Power Cycle the Printer
If the solution provided above doesn’t solve the problem, you can try out this method to fix the issue.
- Switch off the printer by pressing the power button.
- Now remove all the cables attached to the printer and system, including the USB cable and power cord.
- Now halt for a few minutes.
- Now insert all the cables and wires back to the printer including the USB cable and the power cord.
- Switch on the printer and check if the problem is solved now.
Alternative Methods to Fix Printer Sharing Not Working in Windows 11 Issue
If the problem still persists, you need to try out other troubleshooting methods. Below are some of the ways you can try out to solve the problem:
- Clear print queue
- Reset the device
- Enable print to pdf option
- Reinstall the printer
- Switch on file and print sharing
These were troubleshooting methods to solve printer sharing not working in Windows 11 problem. You can try to follow the given steps to fix the issue. But if you find trouble while performing the troubleshooting steps and need expert assistance to tackle the problem, you can reach out to us. At 24X7 Router Support, we provide remote printer support in which we assist individuals and businesses to tackle any kind of issues occurring in their printers. You can contact us through chat support, and email for remote printer support.